FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey for my sleeping beauty  (Read 1705 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »

Hi guys,

Motivation to get my old FC rollin again has left me desperatley trying to find a grey motor to slot in.......Obviously would prefer a recond unit but at this point in time anything would be better than the cracked rusted out old block and head I have now.........

I am in the Brisbane area.......if anyone could help I would be greatful.......so long as the motor is good enough to be re-conditioned without to much hassle I am interested...........

TRALA
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:42:55 AM »

Hello mickus
                  I have a complete long motor with box under the house that I might sell. I got the motor for the red van that I sold to crusier056. The motor came out of an FB.
                The donk was supposed to be recond but doesn't look like it was because of all the crud on it. Who recons a motor but fails to clean up the outside? Shocked.
               I still bought  the motor because it sounded and ran like it was a reco. No smoke ,no rattles , it was tight with what seemed like good compression and sucked rather than blew through the oil filler cap.
           I have been thinking about grabbing an engine stand and stripping it down to see what it's like inside.
          Send me a PM . I can sell as a complete unit with box or just a short block . What do you want?. motor was running about five months ago and if you want I should be able to  bench start it for you.
        I also have a complete gasket kit for the motor I can sell you as well. I live on the southside of Brissy, near Capalaba.
         Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

thanks brad sent you an IM look forward to your reply

TRALA
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:33 AM »

Guys my request has now changed slightly....just looking to pick up a clapped out old motor suitable for recon......I have a bottom end but really need a head etc.....

Can anyone in the Brissie area help out??

MICK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: