FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:43:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-FC'S AT NOSTALGIA DRAGS QLD.  (Read 6554 times)
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:08:43 AM »

GADAY GUYS,
Just thought l'd drop a line  on some of the class cars at Willowbank last Sunday.
There was a FC sedan drag car-green in colour-l think theres photos of it on this site,but l cant find them,judging by the tow-car its from up my way somewhere too.
 There was a yellow Fc van & Fc sedan(with a yellow Commodore tow-car--they must REALLY like yellow!)
 A yellow-ochre or burnt yellow (theres a much more common description for the colour ,but its not real flattering) & black FE wagon with a few neat custom touches,sporting a v8.
 But the one that amazed me was Street Machine cover car from ummm l'm guessing about 85-86 maybe(l'm too lazy to go out to the shed & find it-besides its raining!)
 Its a candy-apple red FE sedan with a turbo red motor with twin cd strombergs,M20, U.S racing wheels & flared guards.Still looks exactly the same except for a few touch-ups here & there,didnt see it racing although it had a dial-in of 11.80 l think,although this seems a little ummm  optimistic. There was probably more there that l missed,cause l spent more time at my mates camp with his FJ & my foot up thanks to a fight with my ride-on mower that l lost. But it was good to see so many early holdens down there cruising & racing,hopefully mine will be one of them next time! Wink   Daz

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:17:33 AM »

Hey Daz was there a green fe ute (308 on nos i think) running low 10s?? it was at the last test n tune we were at...  apparently a mate had his bright orange ht monaro there (white bros) just finished spewing i missed that meeting sounds awesome andy
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:06:01 AM »

gaday Andy,
 Sorry its taken so long to reply,l dont know where the hell this month has gone! l didnt see the FE ute down there at the drags(doesnt mean it wasnt there!),but l have seen it at a few cruise nights & swap meets. lts a pretty angry little ute,l like the way it still looks stock-ish,l've always been a big "sleeper" fan.  Daz.

suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:59:57 AM »

Not sure if its the same guy ther used to be a green eh ute same style of thing (15 years ago) huge nos kit massive tubs with chhrome steel wheels #plate was 10 sec but ive got the feeling its the same bloke i heard there from up redcliffe way we were at willowbank for the winters the year and that supercharged outlaw fc sedan launched onto the rail right in front of us gotta luv it cheers andy
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »

Gaday again Andy,
l know the EH ute very well,yes they're similar in appearance & they're both from the Redcliffe area , but not the same owner. lts still registered & driving every now & then,but the poor old thing is showing her age, you gotta admit shes had a HARD life! Mick took it to Wintersun a few years ago to blow the dust & cobwebs off it. A  guy asked him what all the brackets (n2o bottle brackets) in the back were for & without batting a eyelid Mick told him that he did scuba diving & they were oxygen tank brackets! l nearly wet myself!  Daz.

suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »

Heya Daz  last time i saw that eh it was at the cruisetime monaro run from woodridge plaza to the coast (92?) it shook the earth... hey daz has your fc  um was it a grey motor (with triple su's) five speed before the v8?? or am i thinking of someone else cheers andy
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:18:44 AM »

Smiley stamp for you-Andy! Yes, it was 5 long years between selling the grey-motor & drivetrain and hitting the road again with Chevy power.
 Cruisetime was a blast ,the last time l went was '98 ,Hyperdome to Parklands,l think from memory they said 2000 cars all up.l copped shit from my mates for weeks after that show,cause l won Promoters choice l think, & had started to put a plan together for a rebuild cause l wasnt happy with it!   Daz. Wink

suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 12:16:45 AM »

daz i think i ve got a  photo at flicker of your car next to my old one at the fx-fj holden day at nundahi will see if i can get the photo on this page i won the gymkhana that day andy
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »

Aaaaahhhhhh! The good old days!  Northside's Australia day rally & gymkhana. We would go religiously every year( mainly for the gymkhana) & run amuck. Someone once said you could always tell our mob because we all had lim/slip diffs & we normally took twice as long as everybody else due to wheelspin,opposite- lock, doughnuts etc. etc. but l think its fair to say that we nearly always had the biggest smiles plastered across our faces too!                         Daz.

bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »

Hey Andy! You've got me curious, what was your "old car" that was next to mine at Nundah?  Daz.

suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 06:57:15 AM »

Heya daz if youve had a look at that flicker page (look for the thread "what happened?" page 7 on the general board) that was my last fc the white one with the rubber bump stripe that car copped a number of rebuilds due to well accident(s) smashed rear quarter qnd a fire it ended upall white with dragway indy wheels the red fe was matt swains at the time grey motor with twin down drafts and an opel four speed been up to a couple of shows with my car lawnton swap and toowoomba but of course no trophies it was just a tidy street car remember seeing your car around the traps my car ended up red motor five speed  after about the third rebuild previously a grey motor five speed aswell i enlisted a lot of help from that bloke down near the logan hyperdome (across the highway) he had some pretty mean grey motors and i learnt a lot he wrecked heaps of old holdens down there.. are you going to the winternationals?? I will be out there with a couple of mates racing mod bike pop in and say gday if your there cheers andy
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:15 AM »

Hey Andy!
 Yes, l remember that car, l remember looking at mine then yours & thinking how clean yours looked,then looking at mine & thinking how much crap mine had on it!!!!   l think l can remember talking to you cause as soon as l saw the shots of the fire l can recall talking about it. l dont care what anyone says- if you want a clean car paint it white.
 That guy from the hyperdome(John?) is up this way now, probably only 5 mins away(not that l've ever got the time to drop in.)  Me & a mate went down there years & years ago a few times,from memory he had a old rail in the lounge & a Fc ute on the patio.
 No, not going to winternationals, we've been every year religiously to Wintersun that same weekend, but we're having a break this year-forcibly due to lack of funds & we've got 2 kids now so its just too much crap to take down.(The Fc boot & backseat was full last year & that was only 1 bub!)                Wink    Daz.
 p.s  Was it your car at Nundah that had the n2o bottle bracket in the boot?  Thanks for the memory-trip!

suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »

Gee Daz you ave got a good memory .. yeah that was john at loganholme he moved up to morayfield then i moved to perth havent seen him since but yes he did have an old grey motor rail in the lounge fly cut 3-1/4 block grey motors all over the place and triple su set ups hanging from the roof in the shed.. and yes mine had a nos cheetah gas kit on it at one stage it had the bracket in the boot that went and the drop tank and battery went in there,.. winter sun will be awesome as always ..we should be looking for 10.00s out of the gsxr 1100 I'll take the camera to winternationals and snap away... keep up the good work that car of yours always looked fantastic  cheers andy
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:32:30 AM by suziecreamcheese » Logged
bent8-58

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 08:40:33 AM »

Gaday Andy!
Talk about a small world! my missus ran into John today in town & he wants me to take my car out to him,he reckons he's never seen it.l really have to pull my finger out!
 We actually met up with John when he was at Morayfield( by shear coincidence) l was looking for a HT_HG wagon to do up for a driver & we went to look at one from out the trading post,turns out he was living down stairs at the same house that the guy selling the wagon was!(didnt buy it though, too dear) We pulled up & l said to my wife, check out the red FC- hey hang on ,l know that car!
Good luck at the nats!           Daz.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: