FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 03, 2024, 08:26:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Forum News  (Read 2914 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2007, 04:49:04 AM »

People,

In the next few weeks the fefcholden.org.au domain will be moving to a new host and service provider.

The forum will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours whilst the migration is completed.  I will broadcast the actual date of the changeover once it's confirmed.  (It will be a weekday, that I know.)

There should be no impact on the forum, and we expect to see at least the same level of performance, if not better.  It will also save the clubs some money (that's the primary motivation, actually!)

The static part of fefcholden.org.au will be in line for some dramatic improvements, though, which is good news.

HOWEVER... Once we migrate to the new server I will no longer be able to recover lost PMs.  So, please make sure you update your Profile to check the "Send IMs as email" preference, and make sure your email address is current.  That way, if you are unlucky enough to be hit with this bug, at least you've got all your messages saved in your email.  Some people lose their messages every other week, others - including myself - have never had it happen (and my Inbox currently stands at 1227 messages.)  I don't know what causes it :-/  If it does happen to you, try immediately clicking the "Receive New IMs" link and see if they reappear.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:50:54 PM »

RET
Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »

Thanks RET

Michael
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:47:21 AM »

and my Inbox currently stands at 1227 messages
cheers
RET

Whoa! Time to start deleting champ...

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »

The move is on.

The forum will be unavailable from MIDDAY ESST 21/03/2007.

Depending on your ISP and a whole host (PTP) of other related issues, it may take up to 24 hours for the site to be visible to you again.

For most users within Australia it should take significantly less than that, and should be available by 1800 ESST.

Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience, as well as the short notice.  We need to get this done before the old service provider bills us again.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »

Well, we're back again as at 2100 ESST.  That turned out to be a little bit more complicated than expected.

Anyhow, if you're reading this, it doesn't matter!

cheers
RET

PS - Depending on how the changes to the domain name servers ripple around the internet, it may take a while for everyone to be able to see the site again.  Sorry about that, but it's completely out of our control.  Anyone in this boat will still be seeing the switched off site on the old host.

cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »

Thanks Ret,
                  Every thing is looking ok rom my end!

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)