FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:36:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5531 times)
SX2002

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »

Hi to All,
I just registered this morning.
I am a member of the Sporting Car Club of South Australia.
Many years ago I owned a very nice 1959.5 FC. I have decided to buy another one for use as my "classic" car.
My daily ride is a Nissan S15 200SX that I bought new in 2002. I really great car Smiley
However, I have always had a soft spot (somewhere Wink for my old FC hence my desire to buy another one.
If anything decent comes along I plan join the SA FE-FC Holden Club.
As a disabled person, I am after a car that has been restored preferably, or in really great original condition....no rust or oil burners. I can do minor work as required, but can't get under a car like I used to. Something that I can lavish a lot of TLC on is my aim.
Cheers,
Ron.

Ron Johnson
Sporting Car Club of South Australia
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:40:02 PM »

Here is a pic of my old car.

Ron Johnson
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:40:17 AM »

Welcome Aboard Ron, I am glad you took my advice and joined up.

Cheers
Glenn

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:13:14 AM »

Welcome - I hope you find an FC to suit your needs and get some great enjoyment from it.

Regards  Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

Hey Ron
Welcome aboard.
I hope you find a car as nice as your previous 1.
She looked a beauty.
Regards
Alex

SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes my old FC was a beauty, in those days it was only 10 - 12 years old.
While I am after a stock car now, in those days I did all the things that were considered almost mandatory.....6.5" rims, lowered, verticle bars removed from grille, floor shift, Smith's tacho on the top of the dash and the whole interior was done out in black. I also dabbled with twin Strombergs. My first manifold I made from 1.5" copper tube with copper elbows! I then saved my pennies and sourced a Speco cast alloy manifold. In those days we made most of our "stuff" as speed shops were few and far between. Many hours were spent with a porta-power bending tubing for exhausts.
I was also well known for my signature horn, an original long trumpet Klaxon that I took of our old shooting wagon, a 1928 Pontiac. Incidentally, I still have that horn in my workshop!
Cheers,
Ron.

Ron Johnson
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »

Car's ok too Ron Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »

Actually, that's an interesting car Ron. If the colours were original, it looks as though it may be another of those very late FCs where they were trialling FB colours.

Any thoughts Ken?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »

Yes Ken,
I think that is the case, the car was a late '59 model. We always called them 1959 and a half models.
I think the give-away is the body colour continued over to the rear and boot. My mate had a 1958 model and the colour of the rear quarter side flashes was also the boot colour.
If you look at the second pic, you will see the grille uprights removed, we always thought it looked cooler that way. If you look close you can just see the Smith's tacho in its homemade chrome housing.
The last pic is me "tinkering" check out those cool pants!!

Ron Johnson
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »

And John,
Yes she is OK, and still is after many years.
This was Lorraine waiting at the ship terminal in Melbourne...we were off to Tassie on the Princess of Tasmania for our honeymoon.
Unfortunately, with my disability and being on crutches a lot, she can outrun me these days Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:49:00 AM by SX2002 » Logged

Ron Johnson
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 04:06:38 AM »

Sorry John,
That reply was for you Embarrassed
Actually, I have just seen a pic of a '58 model with the rear and boot the same as the body colour?
Maybe one of you guys can tell me what the difference is in the paint work :-/
I know the later models had the scrolling and piping on the seat trim and the extended chrome fins (up to the rear window trim) but just what was different about the paint scheme I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:16:53 AM by SX2002 » Logged

Ron Johnson
SX2002

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »

Glenn,
If a car comes up and I decide to Join the SA Club, can you give me some details, fees, etc?
I am pretty heavily involved in the Sporting Car Club (forum administrator, photo editor on the web site and do a lot of the Clubs photography as well) but would probably like to join the FE - FC club to be associated with like minded souls.
Cheers,
Ron.

Ron Johnson
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 05:24:54 AM »

Sorry John,
That reply was for you Embarrassed
Actually, I have just seen a pic of a '58 model with the rear and boot the same as the body colour?
Maybe one of you guys can tell me what the difference is in the paint work :-/
I know the later models had the scrolling and piping on the seat trim and the extended chrome fins (up to the rear window trim) but just what was different about the paint scheme I don't know.

Ron,

Everything you could want to know on the subject of the different FC paint schemes can be found here.

From the later photos you've provided, I'm inclined to think the colours in the first one threw us off a bit, and in fact the car was India Ivory over either Granite Grey (quite common) or Volcanic Grey (not so common). The very first Trax FC model was India Ivory over Granite Grey, based on Gertrude.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 09:37:01 AM »

Ron all the info you want is here -
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/sa/index.html

Although the member form is the old one.
Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month TOC Hall in Edwardstown..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: