FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:47:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holdin' You In My Holden CD Launch : JW SWING ORCH  (Read 3120 times)
John Wanner
« on: September 22, 2002, 12:54:36 PM »

After many years of playing gigs, people have been nagging me about when I will release a CD of my 16 piece Big Band, "Australia's Own JW Swing Orchestra".  Well, after much expense and trouble, it's been done!
  It's a great CD of many tunes that people would like: In The Mood, Tequila, A White Sport Coat, Holdin' You In My Holden, as well as my original boogie tune: "The FE Holden Valve-Bounce Boogie!" Some of the numbers feature the "extended" sized group :19 piece!!!
  There's also another CD as part of the double CD package featuring my 7 piece band, "The Silver Service Jazz Band" and music on this is more "Lounge-Music" orientated. Some stunning vocals on that too by my singers, David Mooney and Keren Summers.  As a matter of fact, the front cover is taken on their wedding...so the picture's the real thing!
  The CD Launch is in Melbourne on Friday night, October 11 from 8pm at the Swiss Club of Victoria (top floor, 89 Flinders Lane in the city). There's no cover charge or bookings taken.  The Cds will be on sale ($40).
 Both my 7 piece "Silver Service Jazz Band" and my 19 piece "JW Swing Orchestra" will be performing.
  If you can't be there, and want to buy a Cd, you may send a money-order payable to "John Wanner" for $45 (to cover postage) to
PO BOX 26, BOX HILL, 3128.
  It's a great Cd package and there's great references to our beloved FE/FC Holdens (even with pics of 4 out of my 6 FE/FC's!).  Please support this as it's good music and will keep both the Swing Music and FE/FC Movement in a good focus!   Cheers, John Wanner (JW)
 Check out my site to look at Cd info as well as my cars:
          http://www.scad.com.au/jwswing       all the best, JW
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 07:54:39 PM »

Nice to see you on the forum.
Congrats on the CD John.
I'll be buying one, i'm sure there will be others in the club also, so we will get together and buy them all together to save confusion.
Looking forward to hearing it.
Thank you also for the one that you sent the club for the raffle. I was hoping to win it, but John Rap got in there first.
Regards
Alex

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 11:31:30 PM »

Alex,

Can u put me on the list of ppl who would like a purchase of the CD.  Thanks

JW,

Ive looked at your vehicles in awe and they are truly an inspiration.

particluary the Etna Maroon FE wagon!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: