FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:58:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Paint  (Read 1774 times)
pearo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:09:24 AM »

Hello everyone
This is my first day, and this is my first question. I went to the paint shop today to buy some paint for my FC ute. Armed with the paint code 2051 Skyline blue I was told by the paint shop guy that he didn't have the recipe on file because it was pre 1960. Firstly is this common? and secondly is the information available? as he colour matched it by eye for me. I have checked the tech site and the're two editions of this colour, 1958 and1959.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Rob
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:00:37 AM »

Rob,

Welcome!

The local paint shop probably won't have formulae for nitrocellulose (lead-enamel) colours.  However, if you get in touch with Dulux-PPG they can usually suggest the appropriate replacement in either acrylic or two-pack.

PPG Australia
Customer Service & Technical Support
13 24 24

Toll Free Fax
1800 800 819

As far as the 58/59 versions, they both have the same BALM paint number, so I doubt PPG is going to be able to distinguish between them in their records.  It's worth telling them what year you're after though, you never know your luck.

Colour-matching is OK as long as you had a bit of the car that was unaffected by the sun.  The inside of the glove-box lid is the most convenient, otherwise the area normally covered by the trim on the inside of the door is a good spot.

Hope that's some help.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
pearo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:17:54 AM »

Thanks Ret
Thats exactly the information I was after. Also yes I gave the guy an inside panel from the tray of the ute so hopefully its alright.
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: