FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ute/Van Bucket Seats  (Read 3027 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:54 PM »

I am trimming some seats for a friend with a PV, the problem is that they are nasty, shapeless and busted EA Falc seats.
She has a pair of later model (not sure which) commondore buckets but she says they don't fit well.

1. Should the commondore ones fit? and has anyone used them.

2. Is there a better "cost-effective" solution?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:57:29 PM by stinky » Logged

Addo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:21:04 AM »

Not sure about the commodore seats but I've got a an EF falcon bench seat in my sedan, the width is great, you can take the headrests out and fold down the centre armrest and it looks somewhat like low back buckets from days of old from outside when your cruisin.
I've got legs like a spider and the seats right back so I don't have a problem with the floor shift fowling the seat. I've picked up another out of an EB and it seems to be the same style and dimensions. I'm going to have it retrimed and fit it to my next project.
Just a thought.
Addo.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:21:58 AM by Addo » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:11:09 AM »

Addo do they match the angle of the door well and do they foul on the door at all ? Ive been told they fit well in my chev which is a lot larger and I hadnt considered one for any of the old Holdens..
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

Addo do they match the angle of the door well and do they foul on the door at all ? Ive been told they fit well in my chev which is a lot larger and I hadnt considered one for any of the old Holdens..

I'm sure I've got good clearance, I was surprised when I trial fitted it how well it sat. If I get a chance over next day or so I'll take some pics of how it looks and post them. It beats the hell out of what I was sitting on before!
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »

Just went and had a good look. The EF seat has about 1 inch clearance from the pillar both sides and 2&1/2-3 inches from the door itself. the line of the seat is spot on for the shape of the sill. (Thats 25mm and 65-75mm for any new age Guys and Gals out there)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:23:42 AM by Addo » Logged
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »

VT commodore buckets fit Ok... Photobucket down at the moment, will post the pics soon.

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
fb123

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »

try nissan pintara seats i got them re-trimmed without head rests and they turned out nice
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »

Ive not long put some Mazda 929 seats that were destined for the Monaro into my FB and they look crap and feel crap but they've got alot of adjustments hehe.
And the rest of the interior is vynil blue whilst these are velour beige.
"Beware of the beige" Billy connely.

Awesome addo ,Im on the hunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: