FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:26:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: sedan bottoms and wagon tops on doors  (Read 1719 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:34:25 AM »

has any one done this.
I am out of money and have striped the passenger side door a little further and its even worse than I thought, way worse.
I am also out of clean steal and only have some old rusty panels to cut steel from.
I have these two choices at the moment-
Cut some steel from higher up on a rusty door and weld it in as a lower skin
cut the top of a sedan door and weld on a wagon top.

I am a little worried that a lower skin replacement may warp the door as I havent done one before.
Has any one done a top swap and if so do you know were I should cut them and the best way to go about getting the new top on at the rite angle?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »

hey leon ive got a couple off doors you can have ... but there in batemans bay will talk to the transport guys and see if they can drop them at there depot in sydney

cheers fatboy

fatboy
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:46:27 PM »

Leon,

it's not a difficult job.

basically I cut it as low as I could, then lined up the channel using a bit of Square tube and clamped in place.  

The alignment was checked on the car with door in place and equal panel gap all around.

unfortunaltey I did all this on a B pillar which was 1 quarter of an inch pushed in, so I had aligned a door and frame to a bent pillar.

in my frustration I binned the B pillar and the door...  I found 2 good doors in Pick and Payless.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: