FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:38:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I got some much needed MOTORvation!  (Read 1704 times)
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2006, 10:42:05 PM »

Gaday,
Just thought I would share some motorvation I received the other day.Last Sept. the FC went down for its certification plate & due to major braking problems it failed.(elsewhere under Anyone else own a possessed FC? I think)Anyway after all the work & meeting  many deadlines along the way it all proved too much,& I decided i needed a break, so for the last 6 or so monthstheres been no work on it,no working till 9:30 every night in the shed, no spending every weekend hour on it,just a drive round the block every now & then.
I've got a lot of other things done like remembering my wife & sons names again & some landscaping & stuff.  The other day I decided I better take it for a run to keep the tyres round. I fired it up (which is a fair amount of motovation in itself) & took it for a squirt down the road, reached my turn around point, chucked a euie(is that how you spell it?).Decided to give it a bit of a "squeeze"up the big deserted straight & ended up sideways holding it on opposite lock up the road(no the road wasnt wet)we wont go into the following few seconds for law-abiding reasons,but needless to say I got a huge adrenalin rush followed by the "shaky legs"(its been a while). Anyone who saw me for the rest of the day must of thought "whats that idiot grinning about!".  I know it may not be available to everyone but I highly recomend the motovational benefits of a few gee-gee's!!!!!!!!!!!    Grin    Daz.l

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:03:44 AM »

I know what you mean, I was down on my FE because although the motor was running it was a rough as guts. Scott (collecta) came over for a look and gave the motor a tweak or two and she is running as sweet as honey. A few things to tidy up underneath and I will be getting a temporary permit to drive her out for a wheel align and proper exhaust.

PS spelling of "u"ey depends on which side of the Tasman you come from  Grin

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:39:10 PM »

Hey Daz.
Cool story.
Hurry up and get that beast regoed.

Here's another bit of motorvation for ya.

http://www.deadendcruisers.com/videos/jimmywhitevideo.wmv

May take a while to download but worth it. Turn the speakers up.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 12:42:13 PM by custom_fc » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: