FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engineering Certification  (Read 3840 times)
heritage62

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2006, 07:36:21 AM »

Dear Forum
I have recently purchased the wonderfully and lovingly  restored "Effie C" from John Mayberry in ACT. The car is currently registered in ACT and originally registered in Qld. I now wish to register the car in Sydney and am now being asked to provide engineering certification for the mods already carried out to the car in spite of it being already currently registered and previously certified in Qld. As I am new to this process and this forum I would appreciate any help, advice and/or contacts that maybe able to assist me in navigating my way thru the maze.
Many thanks
Ian
inheritg@bigpond.net.au            
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »

Ian
  Firstly welcome to the forum & congrats on buying
''Effie C'' As for the RTA & the Engineering Certification this is typical of the red tape that NSW runs on. I was once told by an RTA pen pusher that you could apply for an waiver as the car is/was registered in another state. I would write a letter to the Manger Vechicle standards and see what he has to say & I would include a copy of all the documentation regarding the mods that have been done to the car. The worst they can say is NO then you will need to see a approved Engineer which I don't think would have a problem in approving "Effie C" as I am sure John did all the mods properly

Cheers
Glenn  

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 10:44:28 PM »

Ian,

I'm no expert on the certification process in Qld/ACT, but if you are able to obtain a copy of the engineer's report from the previous registration, you might find it is acceptable in NSW.

Do a search on the RTA website for "ECS", and you'll find the list of VCCS (Vehicle Compliance Cert., document vbi58.pdf) and ECS (Engineering Certification Scheme vsi15.pdf) approved engineers.  The latter has entries for engineers all around Australia.

You'll still need to do the AUVIS blue-slip, of course.  If you wind up having to get the thing re-certified, expect to pay $300-400 for the privilege.  Consulmotive in Peakhurst (02 9153 0011) have a pretty good reputation.  

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:45:08 PM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:48:29 PM »

ian, when i purchased my car from NSW it came with an engineers certificate from a NSW engineer, i contacted the motor transport in the ACT (information regarding modifications can be obtained from Tech Standards) over whether they recognise NSW engineers reports. i was told they do and would accept the report providing no further modifications have been done to the vehicles components which were previously engineered, despite the fact i stripped the car down and rebuilt it (still going). this has been confirmed on several occasions when i just wanted to make sure it is still effective. so in short i am suprised that the NSW rego guys wont accept a report from other states, but as Ret and Glenn suggested contact the NSW offices, and the original rego state.
from memory there were'nt extensive modifactions done to the car but out of curiosity what mods are they requiring a report on?

good luck
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 02:42:12 AM »

Dean
Effie has a HR front (Discs) and HR rear diff fitted and also seatbelts fitted to the front and rear (huge modifications), these are mods in Qld which are certified and approved by registered certifiers, Effie has the paperwork and the compliance plate fitted for all these mods. Like yours ACT rego where quite fine with the acceptance of the Qld certifcation, Just NSW trying to make up for years of slack arse car inspections; and no doubt trying to get Ian for more fees.

John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 03:31:44 AM »

hiya john, hows things going, good to hear from you. Wink Cheesy
it was just out of curiosity really. it has been a while since i saw the car, i remember it having seatbelts but wasnt sure on the rest of the mods.

i guess there are some benefits for living in the land of pollies and policies. :-/

good luck ian!!
dean

heritage62

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 06:26:12 AM »

Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far !

The local RTA is of no help whatsoever and referred me to the Technical Info line so I have now written to the RTA Technical Manager as suggested.

Have also contacted 3 engineers so far - 1 has quoted $800  Cry and the other 2 have not returned my calls. I will keep u all informed. It maybe easier if I move to Qld or ACT ! Cheesy  
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »

instead of moving, do you have any relatives or very close trustworthy friends living in either state that could register the car in their name or address for you :-/ of course this is just a hyperthetical Wink Wink Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: