FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 15'' alloys on a FC  (Read 2558 times)
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« on: January 22, 2006, 08:05:40 AM »

there is a set of 15'' alloy wheels 4 sale to fit an hr stud pattern, the guy reckons they foul his t/rod or b/joint on his own hr.would this happen on my fc [hr frnt end] or would they not fit at all.Stamped on inside of TSW rim is 75x15H2,PCD108,LT20. I know PCD is the stud width are the other numbers off-set etc? The questions are coz i live away from where the rims are,any help would be a great help Thanks..
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »

Tie rod and ball-joint are parts of the front-end, so I would say yes they would foul.

If they are hitting the tie rod, spacers could be made up to bring the steering arm inwards and hence the tie-rod. If they are 15" wheels, I don't think they would be hitting the ball-joints.
HTH.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 10:01:10 AM »

The steering arms can be moved as Stinky suggests but 15 inch wheels in Commodore offset will hit the grease nipple on the upper ball joint.  The grease nipple would have to be removed and a plug inserted to get around this.
Obviously to grease the upper ball joint, you will need to refit the grease nipple, grease & then remove again.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: