FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Torana specs help  (Read 2632 times)
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:19:13 AM »

Today I found a LJ Torana xu1 parked in a shed just waiting to be restored.
Would someone know where would be the best place to get the numbers checked out before I make the bloke an offer.
He also has a FC Panel Van that I went there to look at. (Not for sale)
Cheers Graham

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:29:26 AM »

GMH has(had) a customer service hotline, a 1800 number. I called that years ago to get info on a GTR and they confirmed numbers for me, not sure if they still do.

If you get really stuck I have a Spotlight book on the Torana that has codes, send me a PM if you want details.

..... oh...... and you are a very naughty boy for being off-topic  Grin.

craiga
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:25:06 AM »

Try a Torana forum  Tongue  Wink

or here http://www.gtrxu1club.com.au/home-page.html

We can assist owners and potential owners of either the GTR or the XU1 Torana's in verifying the authenticity of their vehicles.

GTR body code is 82911, but there are other numbers that identify it as XU1 variant. Australian Muscle Car does an excellent job with their 'by the numbers' section, so it might be worth chasing up the issue that covered the GTR/XU1.

Good luck with it, wish I was the one who came acros it :-)

Cheers,

Craig.
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:36:41 AM »

G'day  Graham, I've got a work mate that eats,sleeps and sh*ts LC/LJ XU1 Toranas(has had quite a few of them) and is in the GTR/XU1 Torana club and keeps in regular contact with other XU1 club members.
 If you want to send me your ph number via P.M I'll get him to ring you or visa/versa.Have all the body numbers handy as well as engine numbers as he'll tell you if it sounds genuine over the phone.Also any other body particulars help as a few XU1's that were thought to be normal XU1's have turned out to be ones that have been previous Bathurst racers missing for years and rediscovered.A few have been found by blokes making the same enquiries as you are now doing.He has quite a few XU1 stories to tell.   Good luck,  Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 08:50:18 AM »

Thank you to all who offered help. I have most of the info I require. Special thanks to Terry who put me on to the right bloke. Smiley
Thanks to GMH who were as about as helpfull as a one armed man in a row boat. Roll Eyes
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: