FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reversing Lights  (Read 2595 times)
cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 10:03:17 AM »

Hi all

About to fit revers lights in my 59 FC ute

What I need to know is which rear lights do I use as a reverse light

I think I have to convert my blinkers (Orange lense) to reverse but if you do that I don't see how the blinkers will work as the reverse light circuit will join the blinkers to one circuit?

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:34:34 AM »

The red tail lights become the blinkers.

A review of a GMH manual should identify the differences in the wiring.

Early FCs had clear lenses and flashing tail lights, as did all FEs (assuming they were fitted with indicators)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 09:25:06 PM »

Aaron,

Ed's given you a bum steer there.  Probably all his playing with Fords lately Roll Eyes
Was your car originally fitted with amber indicators?  If so, the wiring diagram in the workshop manual won't suit your car, and you'll need the FB utility/van version instead.  Comparing these two shows you exactly what's what.  Basically, the set-up that makes the dual purpose blinker/brake lights work is also what makes the dual purpose blinker/reversing light function.

This has been discussed recently, in this thread, which includes the FB wiring diagram.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »

Sorry  Huh. I was basing my advice on how I recall changing 58 flashing tail lights to 59 amber indicators, which was, I admit some 15 years ago.

Interesting point though RET. I am looking for a NOS bulb holder for an XY tail light to repair the indicator/reversing light function...  Grin Anyone?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 10:31:05 PM by Fast_Eddie » Logged
cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 06:56:48 AM »

Hi all

Thanks for your comments.

The tail lights are originally orange so I'm thinking the e way to do this is to try and rewire this like a FB/EK ute but there is a lot of stuffing around.

So I think I can acheive my blinker/reverse lights combination using 4 diodes. I'll give that a go.
cer444

138 "Big Block" Grey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 09:21:22 AM »

Hi all

Had a quick look at the wiring in my ute and found a white wire hanging out of the steering column, connected to the reverse switch and now have reverse lights.

I found it was quicker than playing with diodes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: