FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:05:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE interior (lots of questions).  (Read 3142 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:06 PM »

Hello,

I have a few questions related to interiors some general Q's other FE specific.. I'm sure you guys  know the answers!

In general:
kick panels.
I noticed a metal strip down the inside of the door opening, does the kick panel slide under this?
Have seen lots of them with screws near the front door pillar.. is this factory?
where (and how) does the windlacing attach to?

FE Specific.
Door trims, has anybody got pics of a Fall red & parchment ivory interior?
or of the colour separation on the trims?  (ive asked this b4 but lost the link).

thanks

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:05 AM »

Hello,

I have a few questions related to interiors some general Q's other FE specific.. I'm sure you guys  know the answers!

In general:
kick panels.
I noticed a metal strip down the inside of the door opening, does the kick panel slide under this?

Yes.  That and the rubber mat are pretty much all that hold the kick panel in place.

Have seen lots of them with screws near the front door pillar.. is this factory?

No.

where (and how) does the windlacing attach to?

There's a slot running down the door frames and along the inner edge of the roof that has teeth to grip it.  The Workshop Manual explains fitting this very clearly, with pics.

FE Specific.
Door trims, has anybody got pics of a Fall red & parchment ivory interior?
or of the colour separation on the trims?  (ive asked this b4 but lost the link).

This is the interior of Kev (Vic club) taken at the Nationals.  The separation and style (except the pleats of course) is correct, although I'm not sure it's the colour you're after.  Should answer the question though.

This is an image from the sales brochure (in my car's colours) from which you can see front and back seat simultaneously.  The second one is even from the wagon brochure for you!

And a reverse angle showing the passenger side without the steering column in the way...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:30:05 PM »

thankyou RET.

with regard to windlacing install seems like you just need to push the fabric into the slot and it holds itself.

and the rear?

I guess it its held between the body and the metal strip in the rear wheel cover, then up the C pillar under the C-pillar cover (wagon).

thx for that info, very helpful.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:07:44 PM »

Ed
        In regards to the rear windlace you guess is correct.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:41 PM »

Are there any more or better shots of Kev's car interior?
The dash centre looks trick and the shifter installation is pretty neat too.
Are they power window switches in the door panels above the winder or something else?

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 08:05:58 AM »

i believe that is the mirror control, very similar setup to what hj's etc had.....

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: