FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 09:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Garaged FE needs WA mechanic  (Read 2267 times)
Franko

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2005, 06:27:05 AM »

Hello people.

I only see my original FE sedan about twice a year as I am mostly in Queensland and she is garaged in Perth, WA.

She starts everytime. I get home but I would like to know what to do to keep her in good condition while I'm away for 6 months at a time and she rests in the garage. Any tips?

She's registered and drives quite well but I am looking for a good mechanic in Perth to check her over. Any recommendations?

I am a total mechanical gumby. I don't have a clue about anything past; 'petrol, oil, water and go!' My work is in cartooning.
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 06:48:19 AM »

g'day franko. good to see another fe surface in WA. Cool
im guessing everyone is going to send you to Seb.
hes in perth ..hes a mechanic..he has an fc ute, fb sdn & did a lot of the work on his brothers fc (2brite)
Seb's email address is ..fastjbav6@yahoo.com
cheers trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:35:32 AM »

G'day Franko....what everyone wants to know and what Trev didn't ask....is.......is it potentially for sale Huh

Obviously it's not, as you are trying to keep the old girl alive and well....but should you ever think about it.......just send me a private message or email ( don;t want everyone to know about it...ha ha ).

I haven't met Seb myself...but from what I know...he would be the man.....member of the WA FE FC Car Club aswell....!

Any Chance of seeing some pics of your pride and joy...it would be a shame to keep her hidden away in the dark all by herself...!

Hope you can get back to WA soon, so you can enjoy your car more, and maybe next time you come back over, you can join the car club for a day trip somewhere.

CHeers

Mark

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 05:44:36 AM »

gday franko,
i will offer to keep the fe in my garage and take it for arun every weekend to make sure it keeps running o.k. for you ( i wont charge much for storage fees ! )
p.s.   what are oil and water Huh
Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
eff_see

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 03:52:21 AM »

a really good mechanic for all things automotive (incl. rotaries) is John Otter.

this guy's workshop is like a surgery. incredibly meticulous and very well priced.

PM me for his mobile number, he's in Guthrie St, Osb. Park.
Franko

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 10:25:16 AM »

Thanks for your replies. The FE is currently not for sale.

She had one previous owner who was a very old lady who lived in Mt Lawley. She has driven 71,000 miles. All I've done is replace the generator with an alternator and got a new passenger side floor pan.

I found a good luck charm under the back seat that must be working because the FE is still running well. Is that standard equipment?

I'll check out the mechanics. Hope to see you on a WA road trip someday soon.

Cheers
Franko
Back in Brisbane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: