FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
August 08, 2024, 03:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: mag nut problem...help!!!  (Read 2598 times)
BEAR

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:25:31 AM »

HI ,I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP WITH A PROBLEM. I HAVE SOME MAG WHEELS FROM THE 60'S -70'S THAT I WONT TO PUT ON MY FE.
THE PROBLEM IS THE WHEEL NUTS !!. THAT HAVE A SHANK THAT GOES INTO A HOLE IN THE MAG, I THINK THE HOLE SIZE IS DRILLED IN IMPERIAL,BUT THE NEW MAG NUTS ARE METRIC,SO THEY ARE JUST SLIGHTLY BIGGER THAN THE OLD HOLE,SO I CAN'T FIT THE WHEELS!!!
IS THER ANYWHERE THAT I CAN GET THE OLD  (NEW) SIZE WHEEL NUTS TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
THE NEW NUT HAS AN OUTER SIZE OF 17MM, SO I NEED SLIGHTLY SMALLER IMPERIAL SIZE ONES. (ONLY NEED TO BE ABOUT 16 MM.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!!!             .BEAR.
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:40:14 AM »

10 4 Bear breaker breaker ,I had the same drama when putting the tasmans on an FB so I had the holes drilled out to suit the HQ nuts - saves any problems with finding old nuts and the HQ are an over the counter deal at any local wheel/tyre dealer.
Using a drill press if you have one will do the trick.

Over n out.
BEAR

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 07:47:50 AM »

thanks for the info harko.
does it have to be done by a engineer shop to get the holes dead centre ,im just worried about stuffing the wheels, or is it not that crucial.(will it throw the balance out etc)                                                 BEAR.
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 08:14:52 AM »

it can be done on your garage floor,borrow or buy a drill with the slightly bigger size and just drill it through.

BEAR

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 08:49:35 AM »

HI ,ITS ABOUT 20MM OF ALUMINIUM.
IS THIS STILL COOL TO DO IN THE GARAGE Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: