FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:43:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Front Brakes- Fitting of flexible brake hoses  (Read 1763 times)
paddockbasher

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2004, 05:06:48 AM »

When reattaching the front flexible brake hose between the junction on subframe to the brake backing plate is  it necessary to bolt into backing plate first by turning the entire hose and then connecting at subframe junction?

With it connected at subframe when I try to bolt to backing plate the hose starts to twist/wind up. Unsure as to if it means the flexible pipes fittings are stuffed/seized or I am simply doing it incorrectly.

Any help much appreciated!
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:48:35 AM »

Either way will work.

If you attach at the subframe first by using the retaining clip, you have no option but to pull the brakes apart so you can unbolt the slave cylinder to turn it.

If you don't want to pull apart your brakes, attach to the slave cylinder and tighten, then connect to the brake line at the subframe connecting point and re-insert the retaining clip.

Either way you often end up having to twist the flexible hose up to a quarter of a turn to ensure a tight fit.
paddockbasher

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 06:07:37 AM »

Thanks Meeky

It all now makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: