FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Master cylinder tin  (Read 2579 times)
doug

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2004, 08:17:55 AM »

Hi all
I might be grabbing an FC if the price is right, I noticed it has a tin master cylinder on it. The cap is jammed on it, but I am pretty sure that it is not rusty because some ham fisted *&^% has tried to take the cap off with multigrips and has actually put dents through the side of the cap  Angry Angry(with that much force being used, my guess is that the whole lot would have collapsed if it was rusty!) I think it might have deformed through the cap to bind on the tin thread... Sad Its not so bad that it would be impossible to get off, but it wont be easy.

Has anyone any tips for freeing up the cap, and for removing the tin from the master cylinder (if necessary) other than the obvious penetrene etc?? Huh

Are these worth spending the time on or are they still around enough to not worry too much?  ???I'd sell it on as I wont be using it, but I might as well sell something that works as doesn't! If the deal comes through, I'll be selling a heap of stuff off it as all I want it for is the HR front end for my brther's FJ! Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 08:53:30 AM »

Penetrene is the go.
If you get the car, let me know the details from the ID pla and the chassis number please

Regards  Ken
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 10:04:17 AM »

where in QLD are you Doug?
cheers Nicko

doug

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 07:44:11 AM »

No worries Ken, the sale is looking a little doubtful though, should know next week.
Nicko, I'm in Beachmere, 45km north of Beachmere.
doug

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:47:20 AM »

Dah!
Thats 45km north of Brisbane!
Embarrassed
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 10:13:35 AM »

ni worries Doug,im just trying to see if anyone on forum lives up my way in Hervey Bay or wide bay area.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: