FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Steering Boss  (Read 2533 times)
Made_4_Cruisin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2004, 08:22:39 AM »

Can anyone tell me where I can get a steering boss (or get one made) to fit an FC (I have a nice Autotecnica wheel I have been going to use for years!)

Cheers
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 08:28:29 AM »

I think you would have to get something second-hand, when I was looking at a wheel for the FE I think EH was the earliest boss available.

Other wise you could get an engineering mob to cut the outer rim off an FC wheel, machine it to a reasonable size then drill and tap holes for the new wheel. Considering a new boss is about $120, this may even be a cheaper option.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 08:29:45 AM by stinky » Logged

HARKO
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:01:53 AM »

I had an aftermarket steering wheel for my EK and the day before summernats was advised that it would take over a week to order one in ,My fix was to trim the buggered original down and use the alluminium centre as a boss ,just tapped a few holes in it and it has been working beutifull ever since.
Its a cheap and relatively easy solution for tight arses just like me hehe.

!DOH! sorry just read your post stinky - im a dopey tight arse too. hehe
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 09:04:12 AM by HARKO » Logged
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:43:35 PM »

Not a bad fix Harko, I might try that to get a smaller diameter wheel for my wagon.
Cheers, Gary
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 01:10:59 PM »

Hey Harko, I am glad it works, I'd only just thought it up not sure if it was possible or not.

Mick Wilson
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 07:37:57 AM »

i am sorry that my memory for company names is not better but a few months ago i needed to do the same thing i ended up ordering the FC boss kit via either rare spares or superchear, they in turn got it from a company in Melbourne that makes most of the boss kits (soory I cant remember this company in melbournes name) but the well known Accessory shops should know.
Rgds
Mick
Mick Wilson
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 06:31:25 AM »

I just remembered the name of the company in Melbourne who supplied the FC Boss kit for the Autotechnicia wheel, it was Auto Concepts PH: 03 - 95450044
Rgds
Mick
Made_4_Cruisin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 06:48:34 AM »

Thanks all for the feedback so far. Sounds like Mick has come up trumps so far. I had thought of cutting up an old one but was hoping to come up with a better finish. I will see how I go. There is always someone out there who can do what you want, its just finding them. But with most restorations taking a few years, that always gives you plenty of time to find that person!

Cheers
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: