FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:17:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: triple SUs  (Read 1936 times)
Dave

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2004, 10:29:15 AM »

G'day all,

I've recently purchased a set of triple SU carbies - rekitted, on a manifold with new chrome filters and new fuel lines for $350!!!

I'm planning to run them on a fairly warm 179 - yet to have the head put back on it - specs:

- new rings, bearings, lifters - not yet started

- 30/70 cam advanced 2 degree
 - straight cut timing gears
- yella terra stage 3 head
- twin point dizzy

- the carbies are 1 and 3/4 inch - do you think the engine will be able to use that much fuel, or will i have to get them rejetted? i know 1 and 3/4 inch are really for a 202.

what do you think - i also have a twin stromberg set up - but neeeds a full recondition.

thanks
Dave
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 11:50:24 AM »

Dave the carbies should be ok fo what you have done to your motor, but if you are fitting it to and FE-FC you will have to rework the firewall extensivelly to clear the rear carby. The twins would work ok if overhauled, but would not be as effective as the triples. What will fit and work ok if you can find a set is triple downdraft holden carbs on a redline triple manifold.
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 12:31:45 PM »

Hi Dave
    This set-up might be a bit wild for a street car , but my 1 3/4 SU's do fit without any firewall mods , but I'm not running air cleaners so the rear one would be a bit tight.   The manifold comes straight out from the head at the rear , not tapered forward.   Here's a pic , hope it may be of help to you.

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: