FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 11:20:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Station Sedan paint variations  (Read 2178 times)
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »

I'm aware that FC sedans had three "two-tone" colour scheme variations over the model run, generally described as '58, mid '59 and late '59 and clearly defined in the Tech section.

Did the Station Sedans follow this change?

I'm trying to work out how a late '59 Station Sedan colour scheme would work, as they have no fin/ fin extensions to define the side flash from the tailgate as a sedan defines the side flash from the boot.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Regards

Edward
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 01:24:38 PM »

As far as i am aware the color variations for the 59 wagon are plain 2 tone with the tailgate area and the door/window frames
and below split by the bright work line running from the front door through to the tailgate 1 color,the roof bonnet,guards and below the brightwork the second color. The 58 wagon had the roof the same color as the tailgate etc. Occaisonly some dealers may put on a tri tone look incorporating a third color into the rear quarter but this was not a factory thing just done at the discretion of the dealer. Ken mclean is the guy to talk to for the definitive explanation good luck.
Brett

Brett Gillard
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 02:55:22 AM »

... and 59 wagons had the roof the same colour as the bonnet.  I would presume this change corresponded with the introduction of the 'mid 59' scheme, but Ken could tell you for sure.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 03:04:50 AM »

Ken, Ken, where are you Ken?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 11:39:33 AM »

RET is right.  In 1959 FC wagon changed from having the roof the flash colour to having the roof the bonnet colour.  The only change in mid 59 was the change to the interior with the embossed seats and 2 tone schemes rather than colour and black.

Ken
Fast_Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 10:51:56 PM »

Thanks Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: