FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:41:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quarter Vent Windows  (Read 2337 times)
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2003, 02:48:14 AM »

I have just (yesterday afternoon) finished re-assembly & refitting of the nearside quarter vent window.  It took me two pivot rivets to get it kind of right...

After I convinced the thing to go into the door in the right place, I found two problems.  
1) There is a small gap above the opening window - the new rubber doesn't meet the frame.
2) The lock mechanism fouls the lower rubber & channel divider.  The channel divider hasn't been adjusted for the winding window yet.

Could the top bracket (where the pivot rivet goes) be bent, pushing the window down?

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

Yes it is possible - I had the reverse problem with one of my windows with the quarter window too high in the opening, I had to bend the arm down to make it fit.
Regards  the fouling on the channel, best to fit the glass up and adjust as necessary.

Ken
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 01:29:13 PM »

Thanks Ken.

I removed the quarter window assembly from the front door and removed the pivot rivet again.  Experimenting with the window in different places still leaves the gap.

Maybe someone can come around to show me where I'm going wrong?  It could be the rubber is slightly undersize on the bottom half of the front edge?

I live in Fairfield (Sydney) and can be contacted on (02) 9203-8581 (bh) or (0414) 49-6706 (ah).  
Email: b.fitzpatrick@centrelinkdotgovdotau or spinner@mpxdotcomdotau     Change dot to . for messages.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 08:29:42 AM »

Would love to help but Vic is a little far to come from.
Did you put the wind deflector in place?
If you didn't, this lets the frame go too far into the door and creates a gap as you describe.  If you dont want to run the deflectors, what you need to do is trim off the piece of metal and fit it under the frame to keep the frame low.
My next suggestion is that if you do have the deflector in place, then add some more metal to push the fram down a little further.
I'm really only guessing here as I obviously cant see the subject in question.  Maybe someone in the NSW club can add some advice.

REgards   Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: