FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 11:50:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Paint detailing for restorations FE Ute  (Read 2353 times)
diesoline

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2003, 02:02:19 AM »

Hello everyone,
Name is Keith, ive recently brought a ' 58 FE Ute, 91,000 miles, very very litttle rust, excellent original condition.
Just need some advice, i was going to modify, however, it's a moral dilemna, it's just too original to modify.

So, now I'm just going to go a full blown resto, the problem is , where can i get information on stuff like the paint detailing for the donk, and wheels(hubcaps), all the little detailing stuff that adds up to a very original (maybe even concourse style) restoration?Huh
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 02:15:18 AM »

hi  keith    your in the right place for help.any thing you ask will be answered here by someone..this site is a wealth of info.   have you checked out the technical info pages..that will also help.  the section on paint is brilliant.
i think engine paint code was discussed in a thread called "brendan's fc" in real cars
 you better get organised to post a photo of the ute on here because everyone's going to ask
          cheers trev

& hurry with the photo Grin
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 03:52:58 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 04:50:17 AM »

Hi
Where do you  as the best way for advice  and help  you should come along to our club meeting where you will be given almost any question you want to know as well as knowing where the parts are and have a great time with other members who enjoy the same interest.
WAYNE
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 09:11:13 PM »

Hi Keith
           Well mate you answered your own question when you posted it here. That's it your here ask away if somebody on this forum doesnt have the answer then we turn to Ken   Grin. If Ken dont know then we are not talking about Holdens. So welcome to the forum and best of luck with the ute, hopefuly our paths will cross some day and get to meet.

Regards
Mark  Wink

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: