FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 06, 2024, 01:41:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden grille badge insert  (Read 3902 times)
blucky

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »

Hello. I was wondering whether any of the members know of a good way of restoring the red to a grille badge that has faded?
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/ProductPage.aspx?product=B1288A
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »

I second Hawks post. Rares badge is fantastic. I have an original faded and the Rares. Side by side it is perfect in shape. Colour is fantastic. I enquired with olden1 who restores these and I believe supplies Rares and repair isn't worth while if there is cracking in the resin as colour will seep in. My original had very minor cracks so I just treated myself to new one no regrets. I believe the chap told me the silver is done within a vacuum enclosure arrangement.   
Dan
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:35:13 PM »

Yes, basically the red is easy to do, any translucent enamel paint will work well. But the chrome on the back is what makes it shine. This is done by vacuum metallising.
It's not an expensive process when done by the hundred but near impossible to find a supplier who will do just one for you.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: