FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 11:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 conversion opinions  (Read 16476 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 10:02:54 AM »

That's Wikipedia and not the WA build regs definition though...

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Hey Dave;
I thought the regs (VSB 14) says that you only use the weight of the sedan and multiply that x 4 (vehicles between 800 and 1100kgs) for an normaly aspirated engine.

Dave section LA of VSB 14 refers

Regards
Neil H
fcute

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »

Hey Dave;
I thought the regs (VSB 14) says that you only use the weight of the sedan and multiply that x 4 (vehicles between 800 and 1100kgs) for an normaly aspirated engine.

Dave section LA of VSB 14 refers

Regards
Neil H

Yes You are correct section LA1 VSB 14 says to use the weight of the sedan with the formula you have stated but if you read the paragraph above the table page 11 of section LA engine guide it says that LA 1 does not apply to commercial (ADR NA or NB) NA is commercial vehicles with a gross combined mass not exceeding 3.5 kgs, it goes on about four wheel drives etc and concludes with for which there are no set recommended limits.

I have always understood that a utility classed as a commercial vehicle so it may be feasible. I will continue the research.

Cheers Dave
VAN059

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »

Yes, would be very interested in this as well, as I read that same paragraph a week or so ago.

My end plan was to install a 1UZ-FE, but depending on the interpretation of said paragraph (and I guess that belongs to the approving engineer) it may change.

Cheers
Marc

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: