FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:46:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cargo strips and tail gate lever  (Read 3601 times)
Stuey

Red 1956 FE Ute

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »

Hi all, I'm still on the hunt for a not broken ok condition tailgate lever for my fe ute. Also seeing if there are any cargo strips for the ute tray that someone would like to part with.  If not, does anyone have any suggestions on any alternatives?

Regards stuey
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »

As far as I'm aware they are only flat bar and can be purchased anywhere . The tailgate lever is a whole different ball game ,they are only alloy and are commonly broken and if not the slots that the catch wires go through will wear out . Haydn
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »

As far as I'm aware they are only flat bar and can be purchased anywhere . The tailgate lever is a whole different ball game ,they are only alloy and are commonly broken and if not the slots that the catch wires go through will wear out . Haydn

The strips are pressed i was going to make dies to put in the bead roller and roll out the strips to profile but never happened im going to be using a steel flat section with stiffening under it and paint it the colour of the car then i was going to cut on the waterjet a fancy stencil out of stainless or powder coat it a different colour and screw it on with button heads i have a pic someowhere to show what i mean.

Also the tailgate lever is steel not alloy   i blasted mine yesterday to get zinc coated they arent that hard to find i know of a few on wrecks ill see next time im out at the property i know of.

CoolFCWgn

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »

Are the cargo strips longer versions of the ones on wagons?
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:33:43 AM »

Okay, as I said previously the slats are just flatbar with the holes counter sunk and if you are talking about the tailgate lever that you push sideways to open then it is alloy because I have had them repaired over the years .

CoolFCWgn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »

I've got 5 or 6 that are similiar to the wagon design strips that look long enough for the full length of a ute or van , maybe they are out of something else. Huh
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:14:44 PM »

Steel 😉

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)