FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 25, 2024, 08:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help! snapping throttle cable  (Read 1666 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2003, 08:34:13 PM »

Hi everyone,

the throttle cable on my FC has snapped yet again. I've been through five In about four months. I'm no sure why it's snapping.

I'm running a 186 with a weber. The arm has been extended to make way for the nitrous jet.

The cable was attached to the carb. arm by a ball joint unit, which, after the fourth snap was changed to the usual plastic tipped unit. It works, but the FCs acceleration has been seriously restricted, and now has trouble climbing up little hills in second or third, which can be dangerous.

I've tried the usual Holden six cable, which, obviously, hasn't worked. V8 cables are too long.

I'm at the end of my tether and even contemplating selling the old girl as her [lack of] acceleration frustrated me. She's lucky to hit 70 km/h.

Thankfully I've come to my senses, and she's not being sold. I just need some advice!  Huh

Thankyou,

josh

(Ol Girl 58)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 08:57:00 PM by Ol_Girl_58 » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 10:00:19 PM »

Josh,
Like I said before.  Bring her along to a meeting & I will have a look. It is probably something minor & someone in the club will have no trouble diagnosing the issue. Hope to see you soon.
There is a long list of new runs due out at the next meeting.
But we are having a run to Richmond on July 6th. 10.30am Departure from the side of the highway oppisite Scobie's Self Storage at Mornington.
Rob J

p.s. The email address you gave me continues to bounce my emails back. I have replied to your emails, but they just come back to me Huh

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: