FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 06, 2024, 08:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: gray motor front mounts?  (Read 3280 times)
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »

g'day....i have an EK ute which had a motor in it that was buggered, engine number starts with 'L'....I bought another gray and transferred all of the bits, went to put it back in, only to notice that the plates on the engines which take the motor mount are different.....the other engine number starts with 'J'. 
On the 'L' engine, the bolts that go up through the plate are wider apart than the bolts that go down, and on the 'J' engine the bolts that go up through the plate are the same width as the one that go down, but because the 'L' engine plate points forward and the 'J' motor plate points to the rear, the holes into the member in the engine bay are 2" apart.  Hope that was understandable.  Any idea what is the best course of action to deal with this?  Swaps the plates over?, drill new holes in the engine bay member?, make a plate to span the 2"?

thanks if anyone has run across this one before.
Howie McQuarrie
040404-44-33
howie@regcap.com

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »

Sounds like an FJ timing cover  Huh Huh Huh Huh...FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »

Like Mark said, you've got an FJ front plate on an EJ motor. Not out of the ordinary these days. To fix it properly you need to transfer your front plates over. Means taking the cam out to swap them over.

Colin.

colt
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »

It is important to change this as there were more complex changes to the front cover between early and late greys (fe to fc i thnk) other than the mount. Internally there were changes to the location of the oil drain holes. There is a note in one of the manuals indicating not to mix these up. One will block the other. I that helps. Rod
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »

thanks for all of the info! 
h Smiley

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
Pages: [1]   Go Up