FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:24:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: steering box worm bearing adjuster  (Read 1788 times)
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

FE -HR GM part number 7409402 i was offered this part on NZ auction site would this be of much use to help improve ''free play" in steering wheel as described by inspector at road worthy(warrant of fitness in NZ) dept.He said he wont fail me this time but would like to see an improvement next time (6 mnths away).Any advice would be appreciated thanks. This is nos as well.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »

Probably wouldn't hurt to have it, but if you still have a stock FE FC front end and steering set up

I would be having a look at the drag link as well as the steering box to see if the slop in the steering is coming from there, you can tighten them up a little or put through a new (rare spares) kit

Though you will need a wheel alignment afterwards

Gary

fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »

Thanks zulu i still have the original steering box but have changed the front end to an HR with disc brake set up.I have also within the last 12 months put a rare spares kit thru the steering box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: