FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:28:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome headlight covers  (Read 2818 times)
leon

Model: FE

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2003, 09:58:25 AM »

;)G Day fellows. Can anyone tell me if all chrome diecast  headlight  covers are  the same dimentions for FE/FC.  I came across a set and they dont fit the same as my original ones do.
Regards Leon Wink
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 10:21:14 AM »

Hi Leon
As far as i know there were 2 types of headlight surrounds 1 for Lucas Headlights and 1 for Bosch.
Hope this helps
Regards ACE Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 10:22:59 AM by ACE » Logged
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 11:10:50 AM »

Hi Leon,
I was checking my spare headlight surrounds before getting them chromed, and I found that the Bosch set fitted my car much better, the other ones had different castings on the back. I do not know how to tell if they are Lucas or not as they have no name in the casting as the Bosch ones did.
In the end it was the set that fitted the best.

If the headlight area of the gaurd is the same for both, what should it matter ? Something for the guru's to tell us. I hope !!!

Cheers ChrisB  Cool
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 12:36:19 PM »

The headlight surrounds had a number of different manufacturers I believe.  If you have a few of them to compare you can see the different castings that Chris mentioned, and also that some have one horizontal slot at the base, others have two vertical slots - there might be more variations, I'm not sure.  Some people reckon that one's FE and one's FC, but I'm unconvinced about that.  One Lucas and one Bosch sounds more likely.

HTH
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: