FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 05:16:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Building a late 50's to early 60's Hotrod.  (Read 2381 times)
revhead001

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »

With my FE, I want to stick to period correct modifications for a Hot Rod. No mags, twin carbs etc but one of the things that puzzles me is, when was the Impala or Speco floor shifter available? I am torn between getting a floor shifter for it or leaving it on the column.

Cheers.

Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

The H pattern floor shifter was certainly around earlier than the Impala shifter, I have copies of mags from the late 50's with H pattern shifter. I don't recall the Impala shifter until the mid 60's.
That said - The impala shifter is certainly a period piece of equipment if you can find an old one.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »

I have early Hot Rodding magazines from the mid sixties and there are ads for Impala floor shirts ....Ken is right on .........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
revhead001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:41:32 PM »

I have an old Impala shifter handle only. From what model I am not sure. In the next few weeks I am going to drag the FE out of the shed so I can start getting ready to repair the concrete. I'll take some more pics of the stuff I have accumulated so far.

I don't want to get too finniky about it but I want the main things to be right. I don't care if the rocker cover and manifolds are from the 70's etc but I want inside and outside to be pretty spot on. Except for the rims. They will probably from a HT.

Were people putting on 14 inch steelies back then or converting their 13's to 14's?

Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want.
rat

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:41:43 PM »

hotrods r pre 49 it will have to be a custom Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: