FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:24:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NSW All Holden Day pics  (Read 11602 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:47 AM »

Hey all.
Just finished loading my All Holden Day pics to a photoalbum, check 'em out here:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/customfc4/Car%20Shows/09%20All%20Holden%20Day/?start=0

Here is a selection.

Lots more pics, with over 300 in the album.
Regards
Alex

sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »

Nice collection of photos, wish i was there  Sad

Project started 16/01/08.
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »

A mate of mine went for a helicopter ride

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »

how much was the helicoptor, i was going to take my kids in but i decided not to when they were umming and aahhing about the choice of driving the kiddie cars or going in the helicoptor, now looking at the picture maybe i should have taken them in the helicotor.

CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »

Not sure Leon. I didn't ask him about what it cost.

By the way, your car was a standout at the show and is a credit to your talent and perseverance.

I asked one of my mates in the XU1 club what he thought was the car of the day. Without hesitation he said "its not my cup of tea, but the coolest car of the day was that FC wagon!!"

This is one of the many pictures he took of it.

When I told him that you built it in your driveway his jaw dropped  Grin Grin

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »

yes leon's car is stunning Cool looks fantastic wish i had half the dedication he has to persavere in the conditions he did
my only issue and maybe there is a reason what's the deal with the back wheels

also wish i got to have a better look around was there nearly all day and saw hardly anything Huh spose that's the price you pay for being popular Roll Eyes having to stop and talk every 5 steps Grin Grin
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »

yes leon's car is stunning Cool looks fantastic wish i had half the dedication he has to persavere in the conditions he did
my only issue and maybe there is a reason what's the deal with the back wheels

also wish i got to have a better look around was there nearly all day and saw hardly anything Huh spose that's the price you pay for being popular Roll Eyes having to stop and talk every 5 steps Grin Grin
I had a problem with the back wheels, ive lost my socket to undo the wheel nuts, apparently the sockets that came with the heel nuts are unique so the wheels cant be stolen, when i got the flat tyre on the way to wintersun someone stopped with a 11/16 tube socket that we got the nuts of with so i bought one but its a different brand and it wont get the nuts of, it just strips the chrome off so after stuffing around for about 2 hours on saturday i gave up and had another search through the car and shed for the socket but had no luck, maybe i lost it somewere on the way up to QLD, i was nearly going to take out the seats to see if somehow it got under the carpet.
 on saturday night i started to clean it up, i took it to a diy car wash at 12:30 and was there till nearly 4 am trying to scrub of the old paint on the tyres to repaint the whitewalls, usually at work i can just blow it all off the tyres in 5 minutes with our pressure cleaner but the one at the diy car wash had stuff all pressure. i got home at about 4am and started to paint the tyres but each coat was taking about 40 minutes just to skin up, i put the last coat on after 8 am and it was just skinned up when i left, by time i got there it had started flaking off everywere i guess becuase it had no time to set and bond to the tyre.
 i plan to get some chrome wheels with whitewalls, aslo need to do the bumpers and interior and get the supercharger on.
 i had a look around for a bit but then i had to cut my looking short to go for a wee and didnt get back for a second look becuase i was talking to people every 5 steps too.
 it sucks when you see pictures later and realise what cars you missed.

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »

Thanks for the pictures Alex, fantastic as always  Grin

Awesome car Leon, it looks the duck's guts and certainly something to be very proud of. It reminds me of the first time I saw an XK Falcon... I was flawed because it looked so 60's and so effortlessly cool. Your car has the same effect on me.

Are the colours on the aqua/green and white tubbed FC wagon factory shades? I remember reading an article on it a while back, but can't remember the fine details. Really nice colours regardless, and suit it so well.

Kind regards,

Ol_Girl_58
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »

Who is the guy in the hat and dark glasses...........Could it be a Fe driver.............Happy lookin fella..... Grin Grin Grin
Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:08 PM »

Did he not go underground Huh Huh

Better in Green
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »

It was a great day, good to meet up with some of the members from Victoria, ACT & QLD who made the pilgrimage to the swap & the AHD, a bit like a mini Nationals.

Gary
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:13:04 PM »

Did he not go underground Huh Huh

Of course I'm depressed, all those lovely FBs and EKs and me with an EH - just to top it off later I sat in someone elses folding chair only to have it collapse under me Cry And where were you when I needed you eh John? Grin Grin

Seriously, it was a great day. Thanks, as always, to Ted who in his new OH and S orange (sic) outfit of car, shirt and chair fairly glowed and seemed to spend all day cooking for us. It was great to catch up with Tony G and Mick K (both FE owners Greg Kiss) I agree Leon's car looks a treat, all credit to him.

Cheers
The Trog  Wink

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 04:19:18 PM »

John ,are my eyes deceiving me .

I could swear Tony G has an Fc :-*on the Shannons ad.
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

Check the photos blu fc, that's Tony's FE ute 4th photo down.  I'm suspecting the FC wouldn't make the trip so the old reliable FE was called into duty. Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

Looked like a great weekend
Ken
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »

I must have overlooked it being an Fe ...................... Roll Eyes
Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »

And where were you when I needed you eh John? Grin Grin

What could I do  Huh Huh]

Better in Green
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Great pics Alex!!!

Looks like an awesome day!!

Cheers, Les... Wink

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »

Thanks for all the pics Alex fantastic job.
Cheers,
Graham
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 07:38:28 PM »

Hi Alex,
 Once again great pictures.
Cheers,
 Tony.
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 04:50:35 PM »

great images as per usual alex looks like thenew camera is the goods an wil get some good usage

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: