FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 09:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engineers report  (Read 4320 times)
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

Hi all, as you know I am putting a commodore V6 and running gear in my project car.My engineer has asked me if I could get a copy of the engineers report from someone who who has already done this conversion to give him some guidelines to work from. So if anybody can help me out on this it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers for now, Jack
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »

It might be just me, but I just heard an alarm bell go off  Undecided
Surely this guy must be aware of his obligations as an Engineer and how to get relevant info from the Rego Authority about what should and shouldn't be done.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »

I think the same stinky??? he should know what is involved in assessing this type of conversion to meet currant RTA guidelines after all they are the ones we are paying for theire expertise and the ones with the power to approve or knock back the vehicle for road use  ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »

Ask him if you get a copy of someone elses report if you get a discount of his fees?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:41:25 PM »

Yes I thought it was strange too! , but as engineers go they are a bit thin on the ground in my area so I don't have much choice. Pehaps being a F**d employee he is a bit overwhelmed at the thought of working with a mighty Holden. Grin Grin Grin. Seriously tho' he just asked me if I had acess to the report of someone who has done this conversion so he could establish some benchmarks to work from hence the question.If no help is forthcoming then so be it, we will just have to work our way through it. Cheers for now ,Jack
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »

Hold on guys… I’ve got one out of my Weet Bix box.

Seriously though. Look up your state authority and find the list of approved engineers, approach one of those guys.  I’m sure this guy is a good engineer, however he must be authorised by your state authority to sign off the report. 
If he was authorised he would know there is a prescribed format for these reports.
Hope this helps.
Ed

in the shed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »

I have a NSW Proforma I could fax to you, this may vary from state to state however.

it was in the Cornflakes box  Grin

send me your fax no if you would like it.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »

Hi Ed , the engineer I'm using is a Vicroads approved VASS engineer. I'm guessing this is the first V6 into FC conversion he's had to report on and he's just looking for some guidelines. I'm sure we'll work it out in the end. Cheers, Jack
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:07:24 PM »

Hi Ed , the engineer I'm using is a Vicroads approved VASS engineer. I'm guessing this is the first V6 into FC conversion he's had to report on and he's just looking for some guidelines. I'm sure we'll work it out in the end. Cheers, Jack

did you get a sample?  Still got one here I can fax over.

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: