FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NOS van / wagon tailgate skin  (Read 2302 times)
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »

New old stock tailgate skin for van or wagon.
Does any one know what they are worth.
This is not posted in for sale because not necessarily for sale just a querie.

Cheers Neil
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »

Neil,

NOS parts in general are worth what people are prepared to pay for them. This is why Ebay has pushed up prices of NOS parts. Basically when you have several people bidding for the same item that they want the price tends to be unrealistic, often far exceeding the sellers expectations.

In answer to your question, I have seen a tailgate skin be listed for $200.00 and never raised a bid, yet have seen at other times them exceed $400.00 It all depends on what people will pay for it.

I would suggest that $150-$250 would be a fair price, yet they aren't going to be any more made so you could well ask a little more and get it because they don't come around too often.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »

I had GMH  NOS 1x HD 1xHR wagon Tailgate skins I sold on ebay the HD made $190 and the HR made $260 , so it must be worth a bit more as it is 10 years older...the way I think  Wink................FC427....................

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »

The other thing to consider is how hard it is to get a good original - generally FC wagon tailgates are rust free and rarely dented - I have wrecked a number of wagons and all have had excellent tailgates.
On the other hand it is difficult to find a HD or HR wagon tailgate without rust in it.
I tend to agree with Keith's range - possibly to the lower end of the scale but as always, ebay can surprise you.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: