FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:44:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diff Centre Ratio  (Read 3504 times)
FCman
qld-club

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »

G/day all.
I am looking to improve driveability of my FC on the highway (lowering the revs) can someone recommend the best diff ratio.Also will it match up to my current standard diff housing and axles?

FCman

Sunshine FC
freddyc
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »

Gday FCman I just put 3.55 into my FC on saturday, works well. I think 3.36s, would be better. Dont make the same mistake as me, check the splines first, before you install. You will have to get new universal bolts too Huh?. $7.00 from holden.   

Townsville North Queensland
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:34 PM »

Am having a 3.55 put into my car tomorrow, to lower the cruising revs.    I believed that you had to change the universal, not just the bolts.     If its only the bolts it will save me some dough, as I have asked the workshop to get a new uni from a red motor model Holden to replace my old one.      Mike.
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »

Roll Eyes You have to change the rear grey motor uni joint for a red motor uni joint and also use the red motor uni joint "U" bolts when installing a red motor diff centre into grey axle housing.

Original axles will fit the red motor centre provided they are course spline axles.

Fine spline axles came out around HX Holden ??  Huh or so and they won't fit.

No other mods are required unless it's a 3.08 or 2.78 centre which use two longer bolts.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
freddyc
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:30:44 PM »

sheriff, 3.55 did not lower my revs that much, i am running standard everything. About 10% lower ?

Townsville North Queensland
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

Freddy,  I have 185/70 radials on my car which I think are a smaller diameter than the 6.40x13 originals which add to my revs.   Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: