FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:28:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dellorto Jet Sizes/Triple carbs help  (Read 3252 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

Hi all,

I'm finally onto a set of triple Dellortos (thanks John Rap!), however they have been set up to run on methanol. They were on a Torana.

I know that I need to get them re-jetted, but I've got a bit of conflicting advice in regard to it. A mate of mine told me that jets for Dellorto's are getting hard to find. Is this true? Otherwise, where can I get some?

Further, another mate told me that not all triple carb manifolds are the same - this makes sense. I understand that to fit triple Webers/Dellortos it's probably necessary to recess a section of the firewall - my mate told me to make sure the manifold is not too "long" otherwise the carbs/ram tubes etc. may hit the inner guard. True? It may be ignorant of me, but there must be a lot of manifold variations?

Are there any other tips or things that I should be aware of in regard to triples?

Thanks in advance,

Ol_Girl_58

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »

Hi Josh as your mate said there are quite a few different manifolds Cain ,Seaton ,Wagott,Lynx just to start with, the Lynx was by no means the best for performance but the outer carbys were closer to the center carb and made for less firewall mods some were long runner and some were short runner what manifold do you have Huh ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what manifold it is just yet, I'm waiting for a couple of photos.

Are there certain manifolds that won't allow fitment into an FC due to fouling of the carbs?

Cheers,

Josh
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »

The Seaton  and the Wagott were both long runner and mainly used in circut racing and 1/4 mile action  I doubt that either would clear having said that it would be possible to angle mill the face that bolts to the head to get a few degrees of lift to help if it was very close to fitting...just thought of another manifold Warnerford..dug out my old Lynx 1974 catalogue and this is their recommendation for Dellorto carbys on a 179 - 202  chokes 38, second venturi .1 , main jets 150, emul tube .6 , air corr. jet 190 , idle jet 50 , idle air .1 ,pump jet 50 hope this helps

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »

Thanks for that Mark.

Are there any places that still sell Dellorto jets?

Cheers,

Ol_Girl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: