FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:47:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't this sell?  (Read 2692 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:47:27 AM »

Seemed like a reasonable price for a reasonable wagon and everyone says they are looking for wagons:

Ebay Item #160252890296

Or is there some glaring problem that I am missing?

Paul  Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »

Everything you say is true.

I would suggest the high-end Starting Bid price probably didn't help. The seller might have been able to get some interest and an auction going with a lower start price, regardless of the reserve. Even if it passes in, at least you've tested the market. Set the starting bid too high and no-one gets involved, leaving you completely in the dark on whether there's real interest in it.

Just my 2c

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

7 days is a short time also. People may be interested but missed it, others did not have the money at the time, end of financial year may have been a bad time to try and sell. The car was in the country as well and may have sold better in the city.
Also there is a big, no HUGE difference between people who are "looking" for something and then "buying" it when it comes along.
A lot of times when people tell you they are looking for something, this means they are looking for it at a bargain basement price only. I agree that $7000 seemed reasonable for the wagon, but you don't get to see the car unless you are nearby, so it is a larger risk.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:43:05 PM »

I thought the money was about right for this car I am sure it would have been snapped up for a little less $6000 to $6500 but not having seen the car Huh Huh and would NEVER buy a car sight unseen  It's location was only just over 1 hour from Sydney and about the same from Newcastle so it was within range , I would have been keen but do not have the $$$$$ at this time with my Rod eating up all my $$$$ so hard to make $7000 just appear .......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

yeah, a lower start price, i went to bid on a item the other week with a staring price of $24, it stayed that all week, no one bid, i slept in and missed the end but woo hoo, the seller put it back up a week later for $12, i placed my bid, then a bunch of others started bidding, i pulled the pin at $28 and lost it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: