FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:56:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Boosters  (Read 1924 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

After looking around it seems the VH24 was the type installed "back then" but you can't get them new anymore (unless I am mistaken). The VH44 seems to be the modern replacement - I think the VH40 is for disk brakes.

Any thoughts on boosters? Worth the trouble and money? Who sells them at the best price etc.?

Thanks,

Paul

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

Paul they are not just fitted to Holdens they come out in Pommy cars as well Mini , Triumph , Austin etc  go see your local brake supplier he should be able to help even in your part of the world ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »

If the car has drum front brakes, do not fit a booster!
The booster just makes the brake pedal effort easier and with drum fronts the pedal becomes very touchy. Emergency braking situations will always lock the brakes and with the Irish weather I am sure that can't be a good thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: