FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:03:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RADIO HEAD  (Read 4058 times)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2007, 08:37:35 PM »

Just want to know what are the best speakers to fit in a Ute in the rear parcel tray my amp is around 400 watts , speaker size is important because the parcel tray is not that wide What have you fitted to your Ute HuhHuhHuh?? or someone must be a CAR Stereo Nut Help me out if you can Thanks FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »

For our FE ute, we bought a set of the fibreglass speaker pods and installed them on the front doors, you could fit them to the kick panel instead though.
Another option if you are handy is to build a speaker pod based on the kick panel, Ed has this in his wagon.
As to the actual speakers, watt (pun intended) is the RMS per channel? This will detemine the speakers.
Jaycar stuff almost always gets good reviews and unless you are chasing ultimate sound quality are the best "bang-for-buck" speakers - http://www.jaycar.com.au.
A great site for newbie audiophiles is the Mobile Electronics forum, very helpful with a newbie section - http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/index.php?

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »

Hey Mark,

Finally something I can help you with Smiley

front splits sound good and 1 decent 10 inch subinthe ute will be perfect.

i use JAYCAR 4 x 50W RMS amp to power the front plits and 2 rear fill speakers (so the rear passengers get some hig frequency fill in the rear).

then ive got a 2 x 150 VIBE black box amp powering 2 x 8 inch subs.

the kicks look  like this and were moulded from fibreglass.

here is an old pic...

i would make a sub enclosure between the seats.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »

Thanks but I should have been clearer I only want to fit speakers in the parcel tray so was just after a brand of speaker that some one had already tried and was happy with I think the max dia is 5'' or 51/2 '' that will fit in the parcel tray. I am aware of the J Car speakers and have read the reports on their speakers but don't think they make the size I need......... FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »

What about these?
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=CS2322&CATID=15&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=609

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 11:29:05 PM »

Stinky my J Car catalogue must be to old these weren't in it, will go and have a listen to them in the next few days  Thanks Mark .....FC427.......

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »

i have that jaycar 4x50 amp, hope it works well, i got it to power my four doors. they are way cheaper on ebay and have the same warranty, i think mine was about 139.00 instead of 199.00
 i am using small speakers from ebay in the doors becuase i didnt want big bits of plastic and stuff in the car, they are cerwin vega 4x6, i think they are now obsolete but infinity make a 4x6 plate speaker too that is a good small speaker, it also isnt available in australia so you need to go usa ebay.

i would go the ebay response jaycar amps, they are good value, are you looking for 400 peak or rms?

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »

just read again, you alraedy have a amp,  so you just need speakers and dynamat.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »

Jaycar amp is definitely good bang for your buck.

i use 5 (or 5.5 ) inch rear fill speakers.

These would do the job but wont give you the clarity of splits.  I can give you a comparison to listen to.  I am using Jaycar speakers and amp and can fade it front or rear so you can compare.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: