FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 11:34:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: King Pin Seals  (Read 1942 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help with sourcing the little round disks that sit over the ends of the kingpins, mine got damaged during removal......

What would be the best thing to make them out of it you cant just get newies......I would assume a fairly short metal as they need to be knocked into place fairly solidly........hence be made a mil or two larger than the actual hole they are covering.....

Cheers MT
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:48:21 PM »

for those of you who are confused I meant SOFT metal not 'short' metal............
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »

Funny you should mention it MT as I have the same problem.Both of those "blanks" are missing from the lower kingpin bush/shaft in one of my cars.Grease just comes straight out the bottom when greasing.

I was thinking of contacting a manufacturer of flat washers and see if I could buy the blanks that are left over from punching the hole in the centre of the washer.

Apart from getting one in the size needed for the grease retention in the kingpin ends, it would also be handy to have some in other sizes to use in welding up unused bolt holes, rust holes etc in the car rebuild process.

Anyone know where to buy the blanks from or any other other ideas??

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »

Pommy cars use this same shape for their welsh plugs Triumph etc. they can be bought in either brass or metal but as for the size you may have to reduce them in diameter if you can't get the size you need. I have one from a king pin set  and it measures at 22.11mm or 870 thou hope this helps......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

Have just found a smaller one as well Do they use two sizes on the king pins one size for the top and one size for the bottom  HuhHuh The other one is 745 thou or 18.93mm......  FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: