FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 202/trimatic in FC  (Read 2944 times)
JAKE58

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

G/Day all,, need some info of what mods r required for victorian rego with 202/trimatic in FC.Has disc brake front end and booster,mainly worried about the tunnel support which has been cut out and also trans support bracket. Any info greatly appreciated
                                                                      cheers Jake
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »
+1

Jake, my FE has 186 with trimatic and was fully engineered in Vic about 4 years ago now.
Basically the engineer will want to see that the floor section and surrounding structure is stronger than it was before - yes stronger! You now have a more powerful motor which will put more strain on the body.
I replaced my entire front floor pan section with one out of an EK hydromatic which has stronger chassis rails with a brace which goes over the top of the hump on the inside of the cabin. Underneath this I added a modified HR trans support that was attached to the chassis rails using crush tubes and reinforcing plates on the floor side under the heads of the bolts.
My car runs Torana brakes on HR front end with Torana mastervac and master cylinder. The engineer also checked off Brake fail light, handbrake light, 2 speed wipers, demister, new seat belts, brake hoses paths and and basically everything that had been changed from original.
The rules are that if you change something from original then it must now comply with current regulations. For instance if brakes are changed then they must now be dual circuit.
Feel free to drop round and look at my car if you would like to look at details

Regards  Ken
JAKE58

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »

Thanks for the info Ken much appretiated, looks like i,ve still got a bit of work ahead of me with the brakes and floor strengthening was thinking about using a CRS tunnel,new floor  pans already done.Would  like to have a look at your car one day to see how its all done.
                                                                                           Cheers Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: