FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 08:08:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ignition turning  (Read 2253 times)
jewelleigh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2007, 11:30:18 AM »

oh no what have i done when i put the key in the ignition the hole barrel turns and nothing happens Shocked
could someone please help me out. 1958 fc holden sedan
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »

Is the ring around the lock loose?  Can you hold the barrell section of the lock without the key in the lock and move the ring backwards or forwards?
If you can then all you have to do is tighten this ring up and all will be well.  There is a small locating tag which has to be lined up so the lock is in the right place when you tighten the ring.
BUT, if the ring is tight and the barrell turns in the lock then I would think that your lock is had it.
You can remove the barrell from the lock by putting the key in the lock, turn it all the way to the left and insert a small stiff wire into the hole in the barrell, push the wire against the plunger inside and then turn the key to the left. Once the barrell is out the ring can be undone to remove the ignition.

Ken
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »

Hello jewelleigh
                       If you'r ignition switch needs replacing there are a couple on e-bay at the moment for around $25 or $30.
        Or post an add in Parts Wanted on the forum and someone should be able to help you out.
                Brad.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:13:44 AM by BRAD » Logged

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: