FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 02:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: retractable seatbelts  (Read 2576 times)
billythedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »

Has anyone installed retractable seatbelts in an FE / FC ute? If so, how did you do it? Do you need to weld a block in to hold the retractor part of the belt vertical? What did you use for the anchor points on the floor?
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:16:05 AM »

Hi billy_the_dog.On the home page,if you go to "Reproduction parts",then "repro lap belts"you may find some very usefull information.Can someone add the link?Cheers,Jamie. Smiley

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
billythedog

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:31 AM »

Thanks Jamie, but nothing there about placement or fixing of the retractor end of the inertia belt.
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:31:43 AM »

I put retractables in a HQ ute that I owned.I basically adopted the same principle,welded in a plate  with a nut on it about a foot up from the floor in order to get the angles right (not all retractables are designed to be pulled straight up and down).In an FC you would need to do this for the retractor and the slip/pivot at the top.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: