FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:24:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: how to remove ignition barrel ??  (Read 6174 times)
oldgmh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2007, 06:41:31 AM »

Does anyone know how to remove the FC ignition barrel from the dash without having a key.? Huh Huh  

The key is normally required to put the ignition in the LOCK position for removal.   I dont have the key for this one as the dash was a swap-meet pickup.

I have tried 5 other holden keys to turn the barrel to lock but they wont work.   Angry Angry

Interestingly I noticed that the FE/FC ignition switch has the facility for a internal globe, to light up the lock, which is not on later models ie. FB EK etc.

thanks. Grin Grin
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »

Does anyone know how to remove the FC ignition barrel from the dash without having a key.? Huh Huh  

If you are lucky (as I was) the retaining nut can be un-screwed and slips over the key hole with a little persuasion. Otherwise keep looking for that key, or maybe head down to a locksmith if things get desperate.

Interestingly I noticed that the FE/FC ignition switch has the facility for a internal globe, to light up the lock, which is not on later models ie. FB EK etc.

thanks. Grin Grin

One of the perks of club membership is getting access to the "Accessory of the Week" articles that have recently highlighted this accessory.

brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »

early,
if your in melbourne i can make you a key as i am a locksmith. If not take it to any reputable locksmith that deals with automotive and they should be able to make a key without damaging the lock or facia.If they say they can,t dont waste your time with them and go else where.
Regards Brett
oldgmh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:15:15 AM »

thanks brett - i might have to end up taking it to a locksmith as you suggest - i am in brisbane.   Roll Eyes
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 06:51:31 PM »

Earlee,
    Mate i'm in the same place....I cant get my ignition barrel back in. I have a key and three locks too but do you think any fit? I'm in bris so let me know how you go.
Cheers

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:01 AM »

early and ness,
I know its a long way but if you want to strip the facia and send it to me or the plain locks i will make you a key no charge but you will have to wear the cost of sending both ways. it is not that expensive if you shop around.
email me if you intend to do this.
Regards brett
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »

Hi all,
        Does the key fit the door locks?  If so just get the key cut for the door lock, saves taking the dash to the locksmith.  I have done this several times, any locksmith should have no problem making a key.  Even if you are not planning on using the ignition in question, it is always good to have a spare with a key.

Michael
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:57:56 AM »

Whoa...Brett F, Very generous mate and appreciated. I found another barrell and it matches the key that I have but not the door locks so I think I'll just get a second key for the doors.

Only thing I'm missing now is a boot barrell. Maybe I'll have four keys for the car (glovebox too)
Cheers
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:59:36 AM by nes138 » Logged

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »

ness138,
mate do yourself a favour and take the locks to your local locksmith and have them coded the same. supply them a key that works the ignition for example and have them code the other three locks to that key. it will turn out to be a nightmare to find the right keys especially at night. if you have any problems email me. i would expect maybe $20 per lock x 3
regards brett
suziecreamcheese

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »

locksmith in brisbane try colin at amalgamated locksmiths at newstead near breaky creek
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »

Yeah I think i'll get em done the same as ignition. It'll be easier.

Any one have a boot barrel?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: