FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 07:50:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fitting CRS fender well extractors to SBC in FC  (Read 4101 times)
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:48:32 AM »

Can someone please give me some advice on fitting a set of Castlemaine Rod Shop fender well extractors.
Does anyone have a clear photo of a set installed?
When the correct cut out has been made should the extractors be able to be installed / removed with small block chev still residing in the engine bay?
I am trying to measure twice and only cut once i dont want to remove to much sheet metal only to have to weld more back.
Is there a template or approximate dimensions of where to cut?
thanks guys
                     Simon Addison
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »

Hello Simon

I would suggest going straight to the rod shop with your questions.

Tel (03) 5472 2853
sales@rodshop.com.au

Or perhaps post a question on the rod shop forum.

http://www.rodshop.com.au/forum/index.php

Good luck with your project.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:20:58 PM by custom_fc » Logged

FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »

Simon
           I have got some photos show the extractor holes cut in the inner guards, just give me a day or so to find them.
If they are done properly you can remove & install the extractors with the engine still in the car. All you need to do is unbolt the small 3 bolt flange on the extractors to the rear cylinder on each side then they twist out.
Glenn
P/S Wait to I post the photos before you attempt to cut the inner guards!!!! I you get it wrong it looks shocking.

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »

Here you go

Passenger side

Drivers side

With extractors in

Hope these help, but they should be done on a trial & error basic because it all depends on the position of the motor, height of the gearbox mount as they are not all the same.
Glenn
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:24:06 AM by GLENN » Logged

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 12:56:44 AM »

Thank you Custom FC for your timely reply I was going to try the rod shop but last time i spoke to them no one there now seemed to of actually done the installation.

Thankyou glenn for you photos and advice they have given me exactly the guide i was looking for.

I will post photos of my progress in the near future

Simon Addison

PS does any one know how easy an LH/LX Torana front end goes into an FC. After talking with Alan Hale this morning i may ditch my Hadfield HR front end in favor of one of those any ideas?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »

Nowhere near as easily as a HR front end.  Cut the mounting points off your FC front end and weld them onto the Torana frond end.  Very important to get the front end straight when this step is done.
Manufacture mounts for the trailing arms and make sure they are gusseted well as they take a lot of force. They will attach roughly near the original rear engine mount brackets.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: