FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 08:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: sandblaster  (Read 1641 times)
jimmy_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:41:10 AM »

Hi  dose anyone no if this size sandblaster will do the job to sandblast paint and rust off .......\

Sand capacity approx 10 gallons or 45 litres
Highly efficient design with 80 to 90 % of air speed attained
Built in water trap
Built in Pressure Gauge
9 foot delivery hose
6" Rubber Wheels
Operating Pressure 60 PSI to 125 PSI
Includes spare ceramic tips
                                                         cheers jimmy
Brad

Model: FC

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:09:37 PM »

Jimmy .
Here's a pic of the one I'm using . Specs seem about the same , cost about $140 from Trade Tools.

It can be  a bugger to use trying to get the valve settings right and as you use the sand I find I constantly have to adjust the valve settings Angry.
   I have a Renigade RP 16 with three cylinders and It struggles to keep up with air demand at around 130 psi .
     It certainly blows of the paint and rust with a working area of about 30 to 40 cm @ 130 psi but air supply is a problem. I find it best to hit a bit then let air  build up. @ 60 psi you can hold your hand in front of it.
   Sand costs about $25 to $30 per 20 kilo bag depending on supplier and twice used needs to be chucked or sieved , which is a very time consuming process. I also had a hard time finding the right size mesh for the sieve. A full pot lasts about 20 to 35 minuets depending on valve settings. It also makes a LOT of dust and sand gets jammed into every f#*@'n where
 IMHO It's good for doing small to medium parts but I'm doing the whole car and would recommend a larger unit for such a job. Any more questions just ask.
   Brad .
    PS   The brass fittings on mine were rubbish and broke easily.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: