FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:45:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grey motor re-conditioner  (Read 3276 times)
mickusmickus

Model: FC

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:20:25 AM »

Hey all its been a good while since my last post my little baby has been all neglected for a while ....... anyway a weekend trip to Mackay and a ride in my mates original EH has prompted my motivation for getting the old girl on the road again...

My question is....does anyone know a good grey motor re-conditioner in Brisbane.  I have tried a few places and most of them wont touch the old thing.  It suffered a cracked head about 18 months ago, at the time I was dead set on a red motor conversion....since then I have changed my mind and want to keep her original.  Also are they charging like a wounded bull to recon them?

Any help would be awesome....

TRALA
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:43:02 AM »

Probably no help to you at all but check out the latest edition of Australian Street Rodding for a great article on hotting up the grey..........
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

Can't tell you about Brisbane, Mickus, but for what it's worth a mob in SA, Southcotts, did my full egine reco including hard valve seats & alloy timing gear for a smidgeon over $2,000, 12 months warranty.  REal happy with it.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:08 AM »

$2000 for a full reco Grey, hardened seats and alloy cam gear with 12 month warranty is a good price in todays money, I'd be very happy with that too.

Terry,

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:35:24 AM »

About seven ? years ago I got the motor reco'd for my FB at  Mick Cashell's. They did a VERY good job . Re grooved the pistons to fit taller compression rings to save buying new ones, phosphor bronze valve guides , full reco, ground the top of the block and the lifters everything for about  $1100. But that was several years ago. The point is I was very happy with their work and price at the time . They have since moved to Northgate and the ph no is 3256 9444. If you want someone on the south side let me know and I can probably get you a referral to someone as I know an honest mechanic near me ( Capalaba )
       Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 06:23:16 AM »

Mickusmickus
I will have a look around, but if you send a pm to either Sarge or Emu they should be able to put you on to a fella in the Brisbane area.
There is a place some were near the GABBA but I can not remember the name.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »

Have you tried HM Gem.  They'd have an agent/workshop in Brisbane.   I see they did the engine in "Bad Girl".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: