FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
August 20, 2024, 03:08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: dual master cylinder  (Read 2317 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:48:41 AM »

If i fit a HQ  dual master cylinder to my old girl and only boost the front discs ,will the rear lock up under braking? ,and would i  need to alter my rear drum cylinders?
                                   Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
SEB

Three on the tree, 132 CI and 3.89:1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:34:23 AM »

Rusty,

While not being completely certain, I'm pretty sure the rear brarks will be next to useless unboosted. Also pretty sure that the rear slaves will need to be replaced to suit the disk front end. So I'd suggest you boost both and somebody will know what rear slaves you will need to fit.

Best regards,

Steve.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:33 AM »

I would hazard a guess that you could run "drum front" rear wheel cylinders if you only boost the front discs.
I had these on a fully boosted system and they locked up very easily, hence unboosted they might suit.
Don't take this a gospel, see what Ken or other people in-the-know say first.

bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:57:37 AM »

Hey guys,
As part of our V8 conversion guidelines in QLD we have to have boosted brakes only on the front(although l have heard since my car was done its changed again!)l'm running hx-hz calipers on the front with hq 4-wheel drum brake cylinders(bigger diam.) on the back with only the front circuit boosted.l had a bit of drama with my brakes & getting the car passed due to a few other gremlins,but l found that one of the most helpful guys was Peter( l think) from Hoppers Stoppers. He has a incedible amount of info available both on the website & by picking the mans brains.He is also a hell of a nice guy & only too willing to help even though l never spent a cent with him due to me being in QLD.   Daz. Wink

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: