FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: repaint old N.S.W number plates  (Read 8013 times)
minifcvan
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:12:45 PM »

Hi all. I want to paint my original  fc  N .S .W number plates. Does anyone know the paint code for them??
Cheers Mark....
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »

Mark, I used yellow line marking paint, not sure where you would get it though, I came across a can on a job, hang on I'll go & have a look at the can.........................................................................................super. stripe traffic paint Fox Valley Systems, inc Dept. 1528 640 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE CARY, ILL 60013-1948
looks like a yankee mob, but they must have a local outlet, the can is designed to be used upside down in a wheelie machine to line mark carp arks.
Bit of a bugger to use though.
Gary
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 04:20:49 AM »

Thats very helpful Gary, but he wants the whole plate yellow, not two stripes down the centre :-/

Cheers
John Grin

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:26:09 AM »

A GTS number plate
minifcvan
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »

LMFAO, thanks guys Grin Grin Grin
Roy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 04:49:10 AM »

Hi minifcvan,

I repainted the number plates on my HR a couple of years ago, it is a very tedious job. It took me about 3 weekends due to waiting for paint to dry etc, every letter, number, the NSW script and border have to be done individually.

The closest colour I found to the yellow is a Ford colour called 'Yellow Glow', used on early seventies Falcons. For black, well any old black will do. I then gave them a clear top coat to seal in the colours and preserve them a bit longer. Any auto parts shop should sell it or be able to order it for you, I think it was a Power Plus brand.

Infact, now that you can't get non reflective yellow plates from the RTA any more which we all want for our old original cars, it is still possible. If the letter/number combination is available, order them in the black background with white lettering (they still have NSW at the top), strip them and paint them yellow again. Then they still look like originals, although they are made out of a thinner metal but who will tell once they are on the car?
minifcvan
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 05:05:55 AM »

Thanks for that roy. but the old girl went to a new home yesterday..cheers mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: