FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:42:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: To modify or not  (Read 4835 times)
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »

Ok folks I have started to modify Clarabell so far only extractors & 2.5 inch exhaust otherwise she still looks standard from the outside.
The other day I drove her to work for the first time and got lots of complements and I could of sold her ten times over no problem but a few of the blokes at work who either have or are in the process of restoring their cars reckon I should be taken out and whipped if I do any more mods to her so now the seeds of doubt have been sown what do I do?
A nice set of old cheviot jellybean mags arrived today from Melbourne I should be chuffed but just stuck them in the shed.
Any mods I do can easily be undone back to stock.
I guess I am after a different opinion to the usual crew that I talk cars with over a few beers.So folks fire away Cheers Tommo
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »

Hey Tommo
It's your dream and your car, so do what you want to it.
You will always have people with opinions giving advice no matter which way you go. Just remember, there is only 1 person you need to please......yourself.
If you really want to get them talking, just add another pair of headlights..... Grin
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 10:38:27 AM »

I'll second that, if you build the car to other people's expectations you will be dissapointed in the end.
There's plenty of restored FE/FCs about, so go your hardest!

TAYZ
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

Thommo,
                When I first got my FC the first thing I did was extractors and a 2.5 exhaust also.  I was going to leave it at that.  Now I have gone way overboard and I love it.  Keep it stock or modify it to your hearts content its your machine, do with it as you please I say.  You got some pictures of the beast that may makes its way into an outrageous kustom!!!!!  ( I think theres too many poindexter 4wd restored FC's out there hehe)

tayz
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 02:17:47 AM »

Dito
Its your car so do what ever your heart desires.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »

Thanks everyone I needed that.I don't tell the critics at work what to do with their cars so you are all right I will keep going with what was originally planned.I was going to buy a dark blue fc ute[$5000] 202 red etc but have decided to put the funds back into Clarabell. CheersTommo
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »

Throw the mags on and give us some pics to look at... I think we can give you more support than the critics.  Grin

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 08:58:21 AM »

Thanks Jason I will post photos in the new year I have a few little things to fix before then ,she is not a pleasure to drive at the moment.
The biggest critic is restoring a 67 Mustang maybe he thinks it's better than an FC Roll Eyes or he could just be plain jealous Grin Grin Grin Cheers Tommo
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »

Hey tayz

( I think theres too many poindexter 4wd restored FC's out there hehe)

The only  Four Wheel Drive  FC  I have ever seen was a blue FC ute for sale on the side of the road at Balina NSW on the Easter long weekend 1982. I was on my way to Bathurst for some riotous fun at the bike races.
    Apart from that  ONE  I have only seen two photoshoped renditions on this site.
    Are you trying to take the piss out of some one or what?
               Brad

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »

I know where Tayz is comin from and i love what hes tryin to say and create, all hes tryin to say is a low stance, mean, see and hear ya comin, rather than standard height and hubcaps quiet as a mouse restored and there is nothin wrong with either, we can all appreciate that.

Brad
As for your creation thats another kettle of fish cant wait till yours is done.cause its still modified eh!

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
TAYZ
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »

Not at all Brad , I like all FC's whether restored or otherwise mate.  I just like em real LOW!!!!  my opinion and thats all.  Most people on here know my humour and I dont have a go at anyone unless they deserve it, maybe sometimes I deserve it.  If it wasnt for this site I wouldnt have an FC now probably and I would be a lot worse off for it (my missus would disagree!!)  as i have stated before ''everyone is entitled to their own opinion.''  If someone does not agree then so be it or the world would be a boring place.  Cheers (one day when my brain can get around photobucket I will post a pic of mine when I first got it home, seriously it looks like a 4wd compared to now!!!!)

tayz
Sorry Brad,
Just saw your avatar and saw that you are building a 4WD FC van. I think that's a great creation!!!! What I mean by 4wd is standard height - definately not having a go at anyone. Can't wait to see your creation. Definately a custom!!!!!!
TAYZ
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 11:14:05 AM by TAYZ » Logged
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 02:15:02 AM »

TAYZ
       When I read Scott's post I realised where you were comming from.  I agree that the standard road height on FC's is akin to modern 4x4's but they were probably built that way for the roads fifty years ago.
     I have two van's  a red one and a green one, the green one on the avatar will be stock standard because when I got it it came with air rides, valve radio, standerd arial, trim and less than 70,000 mls. So it just lends itself to be a standard resto. The red one ,if I do it will be draging it's underbelly on every speedbump and will definatly not be standard. As for the avatar it's the result of to much rum and time spent on photoshop. Hmmm I might have to change that avatar.
 Sorry about the missunderstanding.
         Brad

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: